Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This was my 4 year old son's request when I asked him what kind of ice cream he'd like me to invent. It has a berry vanilla taste and is sky blue with candy stars mixed in. I was surprised at how well it turned out. It's definately a kid pleaser! Cook time is freeze time.
- 1⁄2 package vanilla ice cream mix (makes 2 quarts)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 package berry blue gelatin mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup milk
- blue food coloring
- 1⁄4 cup star candy sprinkles (cookie decorating type)
- 1⁄3 cup candy sprinkles, stars (small hard candy) (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup buzz lightyear fruit snacks or 1⁄3 cup buzz lightyear cereal (optional)
- Make ice cream liquid according to instructions with 2 cup milk or substitute 1 cup cream and 1 cup milk Add food coloring to make sky blue, vanilla, and jello.
- Freeze in ice cream machine according to machine's directions.
- Will be very soft.
- Remove from machine and fold in stars and any optional ingredients.
- Put in freezer to harden.