Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a mongolian recipe from mongolfood.com I was curious about the calorie count, as I love dumplings...
- 250 g flour
- 1 1⁄2 dl water
- 300 g minced meat
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 -5 tablespoons water
- caraway seed
- Mix the flour and water to create a pliable dough. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- While dough is resting, make the filling. Mix the minced meat, onion, garlic.
- Add enough water to make a smooth dough.
- Add spices to taste, as the dough has no salt.
- Cut the dough into 2 cm thick slices. Roll them into a log.
- Cut the rolls into 3 cm pieces, flatten the pieces with a finger.
- Roll the dough into circles about 7 cm in diameter, making the inside slightly thicker than the outside.
- Place one tsp of filling into the center, seal the dumpling.
- Place buuz in steamer, steam for about 15 minutes.