Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This rich, hearty soup is delicious on a chilly autumn day. For a more upscale soup, use a variety of exotic mushrooms.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion
- 1⁄3 cup sliced carrot
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 ounces uncooked small bow tie pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add onion and carrot; cook 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, sage, thyme and pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft. Add wine; cook 2 minutes or until wine is reduced by half. Add beef broth; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add tomato paste and pasta; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Ladle into soup tureen or individual bowls. Serve immediately.