Prep 1 hr
Cook 7 mins
we make these around christmas almost every year. rolling out the dough can be labor intensive but very worth it.
- Mix together the dough ingredients, cover, chill.
- Roll dough thin onto a floured dishcloth. Don't wait for it to get warm or it doesn't work.
- Cut into circles about 1 1/2 inch diameter.
- Dip circles in sugar and poke with a fork 4 times (its what makes them look like buttons!).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes.
- Mix together the filling and fill 2 cookies to make sandwiches - putting the pan sides together.