1 hr 7 mins
Bakin Betty's Note:
we make these around christmas almost every year. rolling out the dough can be labor intensive but very worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the dough ingredients, cover, chill.
- 2Roll dough thin onto a floured dishcloth. Don't wait for it to get warm or it doesn't work.
- 3Cut into circles about 1 1/2 inch diameter.
- 4Dip circles in sugar and poke with a fork 4 times (its what makes them look like buttons!).
- 5Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes.
- 6Mix together the filling and fill 2 cookies to make sandwiches - putting the pan sides together.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Button Cookies (Cream Wafers)
Serving Size: 1 (899 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.3
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 100.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g