These are the absolute best dinner rolls. They are light and fluffy and buttery. The dough can also be shaped in many other ways, so use your imagination. Makes awesome cinnamon rolls too!
- Place all ingredients except the 1/4 cup butter into bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select the dough cycle and start machine.
- Shape dough into 20 to 24 balls and place in buttered pan (s).
- Melt the 1/4 cup butter and brush it over the tops of rolls, saving the excess for brushing on after baking.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour, or until double in bulk.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Brush baked rolls with remaining butter.
- NOTE: This dough can also be divided into two portions and each rolled into a 12-inch circle; spread each circle with softened butter, cut into 8 wedges and roll up starting with wide end, to make crescents OR use this dough for cinnamon rolls or sticky buns.