Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the Women's Weekly cookbook Great Italian Food
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 40 g butter
- 1 medium leek
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 40 g butter, chopped finely, extra
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 100 g smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 50 g fresh Baby Spinach
- Bring the stock and wine to the boil;reduce heat. Cover; keep hot.
- Heat the first measure of butter in a large saucepan. Cook the leek and garlic, stirring, until the leek is very soft. Add the rice and turmeric; stir to coat in butter mixture. Stir in 1 cup of stock, cook stirring over low heat until the liquid is absorbed.
- Continue adding stock mixture 1 cup at a time and stirring after each addition until all liquid is gone and rice is tender (around 35 minutes). Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the extra butter, cheese, salmon, dill and spinach.
My Daughter made this and it was really nice. We added 150gr of Salmon because we had it without any other sides.