1/2 Photos of Buttery Walnut Fudge
I love fudge, but sometimes I just don't want all that chocolate....don't tell anyone I said that!!!! This is a great fudge, minus the chocolate. I found this recipe in TOH and did a make over on it to suit my taste. The original recipe calls for pecans, but we prefer walnuts in our fudge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large heavy saucepan, combine the butter, sugars, half and half and salt.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 3Once the mixture is boiling good, boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantley.
- 4Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla and mix well.
- 5Stir in confectioner's sugar, then fold in walnuts.
- 6Spread mixture into a 8" square dish (the size of the dish is not an exact, use what ever size you desire to get the thickness you want).
- 7Cover with plastic wrap and cool until room temperature.
- 8Cut into 1 inch squares and store in airtight container in refridgerator.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttery Walnut Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (808 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 43.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g