Recipe by byZula
Posted by Olga at recipegoldmine.com 4/30/02 6:22:26 am Chocolate-coated toffee makes these cookies extra good.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (1 1/2 ounce) chocolate-covered english toffee bars, chopped small*
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine sugar, butter, egg and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (3 to 4 minutes). Add flour, baking soda and salt; reduce speed to low. Beat, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes). Stir in chopped toffee by hand.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonsful onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- *Substitute 1 (6-ounce) package (1 cup) milk chocolate English toffee bits.