Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love breakfast, and what's better than all your favorites piled high on a fluffy, buttery biscuit? This recipe serves 8 but you can lower amounts of ingredients to make 2, 4, 6 or however many you want. The maple syrup in this recipe soaks thru the biscuits and adds more of a breakfast flavor that is sweet and yummy! A classic breakfast sandwich but better - it's not from the drive thru!
- 8 pillsbury butter tastin' refrigerated biscuits
- 16 slices fully cooked bacon (I like Hormel brand)
- 8 slices American cheese, singles
- 8 eggs or 8 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat milk or 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash salt or 1 dash garlic salt
- margarine (optional) or butter (optional)
- maple syrup
- smaller round cookie cutter (I prefer the metal kind because they cut easier)
- First, preheat oven and follow directions on can for biscuits, place in oven. Meanwhile, in a bowl, crack eggs and add milk, pepper, and salt. Using a wire whisk, scramble eggs until well blended. Coat a flat griddle with non-stick cooking spray and pour egg mixture onto griddle over medium to high heat. Watch carefully and turn eggs over with a spatula (you may have to divide eggs on griddle to make for easier turning) as if you were making an omelet. (Try not to actually "scramble" the eggs in pan). Once cooked through, remove eggs from heat. Check biscuits and remove from oven if ready. Slide eggs from griddle onto cutting board or flat plate. Using cookie cutters, cut 8 circles from eggs. (Eat the trimmings as you go!) Return to biscuits; pour some maple syrup into a small bowl and using a spoon or brush, spread syrup evenly onto each biscuit, then spread on margarine or butter if desired. Microwave bacon according to package. Stack each egg circle onto a biscuit; add 1 slice cheese and 2 slices bacon to each sandwich. Top sandwiches with biscuit tops and enjoy!