Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Rich and delicious for an appetizer, or splurge and eat them all yourself for a romantic dinner for two. Everything tastes good in candlelight.
- 8 large shrimp
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Butter 9"x13" pan with 1 Tbsp butter.
- Peel, devein and butterfly shrimp.
- Arrange in pan.
- Combine bread crumbs, melted butter, lemon juice, water, cheese paprika, parsley and garlic, tossing to mix well.
- Spoon 1-2 heaping tablespoons of stuffing on each shrimp, depending on the size of the shrimp.
- Press stuffing onto shrimp gently.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
I made this using 16 large shrimp and there was plenty of stuffing to go around. My husband and I loved this for a quickie, after-work supper. I used garlic flavored breadcrumbs and left out the minced garlic and I increased the Parmesan cheese, doubled it. I served with a heftily (is that a word?) loaded green salad. We really loved this shrimp. I even have leftovers to make the folks in the office jealous when I reheat in the microwave! Thanks Geema :)
Hi Geema; Finally cooked your recipe for the shrimp. The combination of the ingredients gave the shrimp a nice flavorful taste. The 12 minute time was just perfect, as the shrimp were done to perfection. I will be making these again and is on my list of excellent shrimp Thank you for sharing and I am surprised that no one has tried them before. "Uncle Bill"