Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is incredible!!! It seems like a lot of butter at first but after it soaks into the ooey goodness of the bread you will be amazed at how all the flavors blend so wonderfully. Enjoy!
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 350.
- Slice bread diagonally to within 1 inch of bottom, without cutting through completely.
- Place bread on large piece of foil.
- Combine cheese, mushrooms and green onions.
- Stuff mushroom mixture into each cut of bread, being sure to fill each cut.
- Melt butter; add lemon juice, poppy seeds and mustard.
- Drizzle butter sauce over bread just before baking.
- Wrap bread securely in foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.
I made this for my mom, and she loved this! However, I would have sauteed the mushrooms first briefly. 5 stars though, for my mom loving this :)
I made this New Year's Eve and everyone LOVED it! The combination of ingredients baked together was heavenly!! I used crimini and portabella mushrooms. This recipe is a keeper!