Recipe by brunettebaker
Coffee cake to die for. Great on a weekend morning or for brunch. Very rich and sweet. Makes a lot. YUM
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
It took me two attempts to make this; the first try I made half the recipe and it overflowed the cake pan. So on the second attempt I also made half the recipe and baked it in a 11x13 pyrex pan. Made also minus the nuts since made for a brunch and someone is allergic. This was very good. Moist and cinnamon-y and the glaze was not too sweet. Made for 2012 Spring PAC.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
Cinnamon Nut Filling
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firm butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray two 9-inch square cake pans with cooking spray.
- Mix all dough ingred. together until moist, and beat 1 minute.
- Spread 1/4 of the dough in each pan.
- Mix all filling ingred. together.
- Divide filling in half and sprinkle over dough in each pan.
- Then divide remaining batter between each pan.
- Prepare streusel topping by mixing all ingred. together until crumbly and divide between two pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile beat powdered sugar and butter together until creamy. Add vanilla and mix well. Add water as needed, a tablespoon at a time, until it reaches drizzle consistency.
- Drizzle the baked cakes while warm.