Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Not quite certain if Skor bars are sold in the U.S if not just use something similar. The bars well keep for up to 2 weeks if stored in an airtight container in the fridge (don't worry you will be lucky if they make it overnight lol!) The recipe calls for only one Skor bar to be added in to the dough, I used two, only becase we love Skor bars!
Top Review by Engrossed
These DID turn out for me texture wise. They held together and were a crisp melt in your mouth shortbread. The only disappointment was the bland flavor. I think with some work...perhaps using brown sugar these would be wonderful. I made mine with my pastry blender which is better for shortbreads because you don't want to overmix them. When making shortbread you have to be sure to press it firmly into the pan and then really prick the top all over so it rises evenly. Then make sure to cut it while it's still hot so it won't crumble on you...but still let it cool in the pan before lifting out the pieces. Also you never want to overcook it or it will crumble on you. Mine baked on the middle rack for 35 minutes. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
- 2 (39 g) Skor candy bars
- 3⁄4 cup butter (no subs!)
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 300 degrees (oven rack to lowest position).
- Prepare an ungreased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Coarsley chop 1 chocolate bar into about 1/4-inch pieces; set remaining chocolate bar aside.
- In a medium bowl using an electric mixer beat butter until smooth.
- Gradually beat in icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and salt.
- Using a wooden spoon stir in 1 cup flour JUST until mixed.
- Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup flour with the chopped Skor bar pieces just until mixed.
- Place the mixture into prepared baking pan, using lightly-floured fingers, pat mixture into an even thickness.
- Using a fork pierce the dough all over.
- Finely chop the remaining Skor bar then sprinkle over the dough.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes (300 degrees) until edges are deep golden and center is pale golden.
- Remove from oven and immediately cut into 2-inch squares.
- Cool completely in the pan.