Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really simple dish to make and it's quite elegant.
- 226.79 g pasta, cooked and drained (I like the tri-colored spirals)
- 59.14 ml butter
- 680.38 g shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 473.18 ml half-and-half
- 59.14 ml fresh basil, minced or 4.92 ml dried basil
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.59 ml red pepper flakes, optional
- Have pasta ready.
- In lg skillet, heat butter; add shrimp and garlic.
- Saute 4 minutes, remove shrimp from skillet.
- Add half and half.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp, basil, cheese, pepper and pepper flakes.
- Pour sauce into a bowl; add pasta and toss well.
I can't believe how good this recipe was. I got a couple of large bags of frozen shrimp and was looking for recipes to cook the shrimp with. My first recipe was this one and I am amazed how simple and how good it is. I used more garlic and a little less cream and it turned out great.
Very yummy!! A great dish for entertaining. The sauce was very rich and creamy. The basil and garlic flavors are true standouts. A beautiful presentation. My family and I gave it 5-stars. Thanks Inez, you have another winner here.
this recipe is great. I loved it after having a really long day- great comfort food.And really simple to make to boot! I will definitely make this one again and again. Thanks MizzNezz!