1/1 Photo of Buttery Roasted Crushed Potatoes
I got this idea from a magazine but tailored the technique and ingredients to my liking. These potatoes turn out buttery, crispy-golden-brown outside and moist inside.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Place potatoes in a large pot, and fill pot with enough hot water to cover potatoes.
- 3Bring to a boil over high heat. Add salt and boil for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- 4Once tender, drain water from potatoes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 5Place butter in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and place in oven for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Remove from oven and stir in pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- 6Using the curved back side of a fork and a cutting board, gently press potatoes to "crush" them. The "crushed" potatoes should break open but not apart too much.
- 7Gently dredge both sides of each crushed potato in butter mixture in pan and arrange in one layer.
- 8Roast for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttery Roasted Crushed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.3
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 7211.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 4.0 g