Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was an accidental discovery when there was no marinade or bread crumbs on hand. The result was a new favorite way to grill fish! You could also do this in the oven, I'm sure.
- 2 lbs skinless haddock fillets, cut into serving sized pieces (or any mild white fish)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Ritz crackers, crushed (1 sleeve)
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Rinse fish with cold water, pat dry.
- Add parsley, dill, garlic powder and parmesan cheese to Ritz cracker crumbs, mix.
- Brush heavy duty foil with some of the melted butter.
- Dip fish into beaten egg, then into crumb mixture.
- Set onto prepared foil.
- Drizzle fish with remaining melted butter.
- Put foil / fish onto medium heat grill, close cover and grill for 4-5 minutes.
- With a spatula, VERY carefully flip each piece of fish, trying not to break the pieces.
- Continue to cook about another 3-4 minutes, or until white and flakes easily with fork. (The total cooking time will depend on the type and thickness of fish).
Love baked cheese portion!
Delicious and easy. Didn't have dill so I used cilantro. Breading would be amazing on chicken too.
We will be making this again. Thank you for sharing