1/1 Photo of Buttery Raspberry Streusel-Filled Coffee Cake
1 hr 15 mins
I have made this cake a number of times in the past, both with raspberries and also with blueberries, also the original recipe states that you may use frozen, I have only made this using fresh berries, if using frozen berries, you might want to increase the baking time. it is just delicious!....The fruit mixed in the batter makes this a wonderful buttery moist cake with a layer of spice streusel flowing through it and sprinkled on top... remember that this can be made using frozen blueberries also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
STREUSEL FILLING or TOPPING
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely ground
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, and line bottom with parchment paper to prevent bottom of cake from over-browning).
- 4Mix together all streusel ingredients; set aside.
- 5With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy, about 4-5 minutes, until no sugar granules remain.
- 6Mix in eggs and vanilla; beat until blended, about 1-2 minutes, scraping bowl often.
- 7Stir in the sour cream; beat until well blended, about 1 minute.
- 8In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 9Add to the creamed mixture, beating until blended.
- 10Gently fold in the raspberries or blueberries (if using) with a spatula, if you are using fresh berries, careful not to break the berries while mixing in, especially if using fresh raspberries.
- 11Spoon about two-thirds of the cake batter into the prepared baking pan.
- 12Sprinkle half of the streusel mixture on top.
- 13Then dollup the remaining cake batter on top of the streusel mix (does not have to cover completely).
- 14Then sprinkle the remaining streusel mixture on top.
- 15Bake for about 1 hour, or until cake tests done.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttery Raspberry Streusel-Filled Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.9
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 96.9 mg
- Sodium 396.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 45.1 g
- Protein 6.3 g