Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
A friend brought this Paul Deen cake to a Thanksgiving potluck, and I literally dreamed about it that night. This cake has the best mouth feel of anything I've ever eaten.
- Combine the cake mix, 1 egg and 8 tablespoons butter in a bowl. Mix well with an electric mixer.
- Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9- by 13-inch baking pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and pumpkin in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add the 3 eggs, vanilla and 8 tablespoons butter, and mix well.
- Stir in the confectioner's sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spread the pumpkin mixture over the cake layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes. Do not over bake, as the center should be gooey.
I so love Paula Deen and all her recipes continue to put a smile on my face. The best way I can describe this dessert is a Molten Cake but with Pumpkin. It is totally decadent and I received raves from all 5 of my guests who in a crescendo when asked to rate it gave it a great big 5. Texture is wonderful, flavor stupendous. Try this next Thanksgiving instead of the traditional pumpkin pie!!!
This was easy to make and the center was gooey and tasted good. My only complaint (not really a complaint but more an observation) is that it really isn't a "cake" because it is so gooey. If you are expecting a cake texture you will get more of a "bar" texture with the crust at the bottom and the gooey goodness on the top. Loved the taste and if you have a sweet tooth, this is for you!