A friend brought this Paul Deen cake to a Thanksgiving potluck, and I literally dreamed about it that night. This cake has the best mouth feel of anything I've ever eaten.
- Combine the cake mix, 1 egg and 8 tablespoons butter in a bowl. Mix well with an electric mixer.
- Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9- by 13-inch baking pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and pumpkin in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add the 3 eggs, vanilla and 8 tablespoons butter, and mix well.
- Stir in the confectioner's sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spread the pumpkin mixture over the cake layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes. Do not over bake, as the center should be gooey.