Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I found this recipe today and will be making it. I love pound cake. From Southern Living. For a special dessert, serve toasted slices of this cake with vanilla ice cream, chocolate fudge sauce, and sliced fresh strawberries.
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until the yellow disappears after each addition.
- Add extracts, beating just until blended. Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until combined.
- Add milk, beating until smooth. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Serve with desired toppings.