Recipe by looneytunesfan
These buttery potatoes are great with steak.
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
These were very easy to make. I used red skin potatoes and cut them like a flowering onion (or french fries). Used margarine and olive oil and didn't use it all. I also sprinkled on garlic powder. Instead of sour cream, we used ketchup. The middle/bottom of the potatoe was still a bit undone, but not inedible. Very good.
- 3 large baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Cut unpeeled potatoes into 1/4 inch slices but do not cut all the way through.
- Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet. Spread slices slightly apart.
- Mix butter & oil in a small bowl; lightly brush over potato skins & between slices. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender & edges are brown. Spread with sour cream or serve on the side.