Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was in among some recipes in a news group to which I subscribe. It is very good, doesn't take long to make, and is very tasty, too. Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 -2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, almost pureed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 6 fish fillets (of choice -- about 6 oz. each)
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Add seasonings, garlic and mustard to buttermilk.
- Dip filets in the seasoned buttermilk.
- Roll in potato flakes until thoroughly coated.
- Sauté them in butter until flaky, crunchy and crispy, serve with pasta.
- Note: These do create a little smoke sometimes, be sure to have your vent on high, if necessary.
The potato flaking didn't stick on very well. It fell off every time I tried flipping over the fish.
I made this the other night with haddock. I should not have skimped on the butter (cut it down to about 1 T) and next time I will use a griddle so it will be easier to flip and I'll report back!