Recipe by BamaBelle30
I forgot which website I found this on, but I thought it looked very tempting and much cheaper than those boxed flavored rice mixes at the market.
Top Review by Kay D.
Wow! I truly enjoy rice to begin with (yes, I like all those packaged rice mixes), so I was really excited to make this. I was not disappointed. My only complaint, and it's my own fault, I used sodium free chicken bouillon, so the rice needed some salt. I think this would be absolutely fabulous with some dehydrated vegetables in it. Honestly, though, for me, it was absolutely fabulous just like this. I didn't store the mix; just made the rice straight away, but I am definitely going to be storing this mix for future uses. I served this rice with smoked turkey drumsticks and 24K Carrots #152441. Thanks for posting! :)
- 1 cup long grain brown rice or 1 cup white rice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (from a can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the rice and all of the other ingredients in a resealable plastic container. I like to use zip-lock bags. Label and Seal and the container. Store in the refrigerator or freezer because of the cheese. This is enough for 1 package of mix. Make several at a time for the most conveneince.
- To Prepare:.
- 2 tablespoons margarine.
- 1 package of Buttery Parmesan Rice Mix.
- 2 cups water
- In a 2-quart saucepan combine the margarine, Rice Mix and water. Bring the mixture to a boil. Place a lid on the pot. Reduce the heat to the lowest possible flame. Simmer, covered until done or for about 45 minutes for brown rice or 20 minutes for white rice. Serve hot.