Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it sure looks good. Very easy too. I found this in the 500 Low-Carb Recipes cookbook.
- 4 lbs chicken wings, cut apart,use drummies only
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, dried
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Foil-line a shallow oven-safe pan.
- Mix all ingredients except butter and wings in a shallow bowl.
- Put the butter into a wide, shallow bowl and melt it.
- Take the wings and roll them one at a time in first the butter, then the parmesan mixture.
- Place them on the pan.
- Bake the wings for 1 hour.
I borrowed the book by Dana Carpender and this was the first recipe I tried. These wings are awesome! One hour is just enough to brown the wings and get them fairly crispy without drying them out. The meat is perfectly done and moist. Next time I might pop them under a broiler for a minute or two to get them a little crispier, just for the heck of it. Thanks for posting this super recipe!
Very good wings and so easy to make. Loved the parmesan combined with the herbs and spices.
Dugan's son had some friends over riding horses today and asked what was for lunch. I didn't even know they were coming over and I certainly didn't have lunches planned for five 7th graders. I did have these planned for dinner tonight so I decided to sacrfice. I told them to get lost and come back in an hour. When they returned I had a big platter of these babies and they were gone in a flash! They said it was the best lunch they ever had at my house. So from their comment and the pile of mutilated wings in my kitchen... 5 stars. What am I going to do about dinner now?