From a Favorite Brand Name Recipes book. I've made too many yeast roll recipes to count but these are my hands down favorite. I make them for all holiday meals and whenever bringing dinner to someone. It's really easy with the bread machine and everyone loves them. It's a lot of butter but don't scrimp, they're well worth it! I've doubled the recipe and either baked in two pans or in a 13x9 pan. If you do this, just watch the baking time and make sure the middle rolls are cooked through.
- Reserve 5 T melted butter.
- Put all other ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Program dough setting, press start.
- Pour half of remaining butter into 8-inch square baking pan, tilt to coat bottom with butter.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls into pan, making 16 rolls.
- Drizzle remaining butter over rolls.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Uncover rolls and bake 12-15 minutes or until golden (check middle roll for doneness).
- Cool slightly in pan on wire rack.
I tested about four different dinner roll recipes before finally deciding that this was the best one. I was a little nervous at first because it seemed that they weren't rising fast enough, but I was patient and waited until they had doubled before putting them in the oven. The end result was a light and buttery dinner roll. Took me straight back to my childhood. This recipe's a keeper!
These were so easy and SOOOO tasty!! Even my picky daughter loved them! I did as another reviewer and pinched the dough into 16 equal pieces and then rolled them in my hands to make round balls. They looked awesome! A definite must-do again!
I made this for Christmas, it needs way more butter in the pan for these rolls than stated. I even poured some melted butter with garlic on the top to add more flavor. However, I did love this recipe and will make it again. My daughter brought over her God Children and the little boy that was two years old, he refused to eat anything but these rolls, he loved them so much and if he could talk better he would have so himself but the look on his face as he ate all 4 said it all, we had to stop him from eating them.