Recipe by akgrown
The name says it all! My favorite way to serve mushrooms and asparagus. Quick, easy, and delicious.
Top Review by Anthony A.
Excellent and simple, however I think adding shallots and garlic add quite a bit. I also think that using bouillon helps with the flavor, but all of those do add complexity. Great recipe either way.
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 354.88 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 354.88 ml asparagus, 1 inch chopped tips and most tender parts
- 44.37-59.16 ml butter (no substitutions)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy frying pan (I like cast iron)cook onion and butter on med-high to high heat until onion is tender.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they start to brown, stirring often.
- Add asparagus, salt, and pepper to taste and cook until crisp-tender. This dish is best when the asparagus is still a bit crisp and bright green. Serve hot.