Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The name says it all! My favorite way to serve mushrooms and asparagus. Quick, easy, and delicious.
- 1⁄2 small onion, sliced thinly
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups asparagus, 1 inch chopped tips and most tender parts
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter (no substitutions)
- salt and pepper
- In a heavy frying pan (I like cast iron)cook onion and butter on med-high to high heat until onion is tender.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they start to brown, stirring often.
- Add asparagus, salt, and pepper to taste and cook until crisp-tender. This dish is best when the asparagus is still a bit crisp and bright green. Serve hot.
Excellent and simple, however I think adding shallots and garlic add quite a bit. I also think that using bouillon helps with the flavor, but all of those do add complexity. Great recipe either way.
It is really easy and tasty recepie. Thanks
I really liked this!! Made in my cast iron skillet and let it cook low and slow. Everything turned out the perfect tenderness and went well with my salmon and gratin potatoes. Will be making this again! Made for The Best of 2012 Cookbook Tag.