Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Goes lovely with an afternoon tea with the girls!
- 250 g unsalted butter, softened, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups self-raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat the oven to moderate (180oC/160cC fan-forced). Grease a deep 28cm round cake pan, line base with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined between additions. Fold in sifted flour, then orange juice and boiling water.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for about 35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Stand cake for 2 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with sifted icing sugar, if desired.