Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are one of my favorite cookies ever. They are so thin, buttery and delicious. The first time I made these was for Christmas a few years ago and everyone raved about them. Make sure to place 3 in. apart on baking sheet as they do spread.
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate, peices
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with foil; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine oats, sugar,flour,and baking powder;set aside.
- In another bowl combine melted butter, corn syrup and cream.
- Add butter mixture to oat mixture and stir until combined.
- For each cookie drop dough by rounded teaspoon 3 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown around the edges.
- Cool cookies on foil. Carefully lift edges of cookies,then peel cookies off foil.
- In a small heavy saucepan heat chocolate pieces and shortning over low heat until melted stirring occasionally.
- Dip one half of each cookie into chocolate mixture.
- Place on waxed paper to cool until chocolate is set.