Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- colored sugar sprinkle
- In a big bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add in sugar; beat until combined.
- Beat in egg yolks, milk, and mint extract until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer; stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon; cover and chill dough about 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- If desired, flatten cookies with the decorative bottom of a glass dipped in colored sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown; transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.