Recipe by JanuaryBride
This is a Taste of Home recipe (so you know it's good) from their April/May 1999 edition. Made it years ago for Mother's Day and it's been a staple in our home ever since. The flavors work very well together.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Add carrots and cook for approximately 8 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain and set carrots aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt butter, stir in sugar and mint until well blended.
- Return carrots to the pan. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes until carrots are tender and evenly coated.
- Serve warm.