Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is wonderful warm out of the oven with syrup :)
Top Review by JOY1998
This is buttery and melt in your mouth cornbread!!. I made a mistake and handed my BF a can of creamed corn instead of corn kernels which I used in this cornbread, but it still turned out to be a tender sweet cornbread. I doubled the recipe and used the full two cups of sugar. I loved this corn bread. This will definitely will go into my permanent recipe books!
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened (no subsitutes)
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups half-and-half cream or 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned corn niblet, drained and coarsley chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees F (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- In a medium bowl cream butter with sugar.
- In another bowl whisk eggs with half and half cream or milk.
- In a small bowl combine flour, cornmeal, 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with egg mixture.
- Mix in chopped corn.
- Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 25-27 minutes or until cake tests done.