1 hr 20 mins
The title says it all. I ran across this yummy recipe in a booklet published by my local grocery store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl with mixer, beat butter with 1/2 cup powdered sugar until mixture is smoothly blended.
- 2Add 2 cups flour to butter mixture.
- 3Beat until well mixed.
- 4Pat dough into a ball.
- 5Press evenly into a buttered and floured 9- by 13-inch pan.
- 6Bake in 350°F oven until golden, about 20 minutes.
- 7While dough bakes, in a food processor or bowl with mixer, whirl granulated sugar, remaining 1/3 cup flour, baking powder, grated lemon peel, lemon juice, and eggs to blend.
- 8Pour onto hot crust.
- 9Bake until the lemon mixture is no longer runny in the center (cut to test), 35 to 40 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven and dust with remaining 2 tablespoons powdered sugar.
- 11Cool in pan on a rack.
- 12With a sharp knife, divide into 24 squares.
- 13Store in airtight container up to 2 days or can be frozen to store longer.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttery Lemon Squares
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.1
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 81.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of