Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The title says it all. I ran across this yummy recipe in a booklet published by my local grocery store.
- In a bowl with mixer, beat butter with 1/2 cup powdered sugar until mixture is smoothly blended.
- Add 2 cups flour to butter mixture.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Pat dough into a ball.
- Press evenly into a buttered and floured 9- by 13-inch pan.
- Bake in 350°F oven until golden, about 20 minutes.
- While dough bakes, in a food processor or bowl with mixer, whirl granulated sugar, remaining 1/3 cup flour, baking powder, grated lemon peel, lemon juice, and eggs to blend.
- Pour onto hot crust.
- Bake until the lemon mixture is no longer runny in the center (cut to test), 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and dust with remaining 2 tablespoons powdered sugar.
- Cool in pan on a rack.
- With a sharp knife, divide into 24 squares.
- Store in airtight container up to 2 days or can be frozen to store longer.
Sharlene, where has the recipe been all my life! We love lemony desserts, and this is going to be our new favorite. I used a beautiful organic lemon from my own tree, peel and juice. The teste of lemon is powerful, a real pucker-upper!
This will be a favorite. I like LOTS of pudding, so I made an extra 1/2 of the pudding recipe. Thanks for a sweet/tart treat!
This was a really good recipe, the square was quite substantial and had nice height. It was very lemony and tasty! The base fit into a 9 x 13 pan nicely. My oven runs a little hot so the bottom did burn a bit, but next time I will adjust the temperature and cooking time accordingly. Thanks!