Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This recipe sounds so good! I am not a nut eater, but I LOVE honey, and this is delicious without the nuts 8) Definitly optional!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons strained honey
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- pecans (optional) or almonds (optional) or nuts, mixture (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, stir honey, sugar, water, and butter.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Cook slowly until softball stage or 240°F on thermometer.
- Pour syrup mixture over beaten egg white (stiffly beaten).
- Beat constantly!
- Mix in almond extract; beat until mixture is creamy.
- Drop by desired size on wax paper.
- You may decorate them with nuts or leave out.