Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you love fried chicken, and you also enjoy the buttery taste of ANYTHING! than look no further my friend. You have found the best of both worlds! Both juicy and crunchy, mere words do not do it justice! This chicken is so good! A definite crowd pleaser! Don't take my word for it, try it yourself. Good eatin! ( can omit eggs for less crunch/also delicious on chicken breast).
- 1 whole cut-up fryer
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh peppercorn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Cut up and clean chicken. Set aside in bowl.
- On med. temp, melt down you shortening. (oil level to mid chicken).
- In separate bowl, mix up your eggs and milk. Set aside.
- Season slightly wet chicken .
- Allow grease to become hot (test with water flick. If lots of pop, it's ready).
- Dip individual chicken pieces in mixture, both sides.
- Coat all over with flour. Shake off excess.
- Place in frying pan (cast iron skillet works best}.
- Allow to fry to a past golden crisp 30-45 minutes on med. heat turning every 8-10 minutes.
- Remove chicken and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.