Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
Have napkins ready for this starter course! Peel these bad boys at the table and lick the garlic and herb butter from your fingers! Caribbean rum really adds a wonderful flavor! WINE: Crack open a bottle of Viognier, the dry fruity wine is lovely with the garlic and shrimp.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (minced jarred is fine)
- 1 shallot
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 16 large shrimp, in the shell preferably with heads left on (Halved lengthwise, leaving them attached 1 inch below the head and deveined)
- fresh ground black pepper
- white rum, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse parsley, basil, garlic and shallots in food processor until finely minced (or mince with knife).
- Add minced mixture to small sauce pan with butter until butter can be stirred and ingredients combined; medium heat.
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan.
- Spread Shrimp open and season with salt & pepper, and brush liberally with the herb butter.
- Grill over a medium-hot flame, shell side down, until slightly charred, about 1 minute. Turn and grill the other side until lightly browned, about 40 seconds. Flip again and lather with more herb butter, sprinkle with rum and grill until barely cooked through and bubbling, about 1 minute longer.
- Serve at once.