Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These biscuits turn out buttery, delicious, and all-around amazing! Best part of all, they weigh in at about 1 net carb per biscuit. One of my best low carb recipes to date!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1⁄3 cup sifted coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil, and grease.
- Whisk together eggs, butter, salt, and garlic powder.
- Add coconut flour and baking powder and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Fold in cheese.
- Drop batter by the 1.5 oz (ice cream) scoop onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing and serving. Make sure that biscuits are completely cool before storage or they won't stay crisp.
Just finished some of these with a low carb "gravy" on top for breakfast and I thank you from the bottom of my Southern food eating heart. I haven't had a country breakfast in forever cause I watch carbs. I was worried about the review that said these were too thin and spread so I baked them in a greased muffin pan. No issues tho. Once the coconut flour was stirred in the batter thickened right up. I agree that the person who gave the poor review must have made a mistake at some point because my biscuit dough was almost too thick to fold in all the cheese. Baked up crisp on the outside and soft in the middle. Got 9 smallish muffin shaped biscuits. Going to try these with different cheese and seasonings next time. Thanks for sharing.
I have shared this recipe with a good number of my low carb buddies. They've all been hesitant because of the other poor rating. I'm not sure what happened to that person, but my biscuits came out perfectly. This recipe is a keeper. Side note, I got 6 instead of 8 out of my batch, but perhaps I made mine a bit larger.
So happy I found these they are the best keto biscuits I have found. Thanks.