Recipe by getfitkate
These biscuits turn out buttery, delicious, and all-around amazing! Best part of all, they weigh in at about 1 net carb per biscuit. One of my best low carb recipes to date!
Top Review by Queen Roachie
Just finished some of these with a low carb "gravy" on top for breakfast and I thank you from the bottom of my Southern food eating heart. I haven't had a country breakfast in forever cause I watch carbs. I was worried about the review that said these were too thin and spread so I baked them in a greased muffin pan. No issues tho. Once the coconut flour was stirred in the batter thickened right up. I agree that the person who gave the poor review must have made a mistake at some point because my biscuit dough was almost too thick to fold in all the cheese. Baked up crisp on the outside and soft in the middle. Got 9 smallish muffin shaped biscuits. Going to try these with different cheese and seasonings next time. Thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1⁄3 cup sifted coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil, and grease.
- Whisk together eggs, butter, salt, and garlic powder.
- Add coconut flour and baking powder and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Fold in cheese.
- Drop batter by the 1.5 oz (ice cream) scoop onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing and serving. Make sure that biscuits are completely cool before storage or they won't stay crisp.