Recipe by Bergy
This is an easy never fail recipe. You don't even use a rolling pin! Change it to suit the meal you are serving them with - add 2 tbsp parmesan cheese and a bit of basil & oregano, try 1 tsp grated orange peel, or just before baking sprinkle the top with cinnamon & sugar Use your own imagination
Top Review by MizzNezz
Oh my GOODNESS!!! If you've been looking for the perfect biscuit recipe----you can stop looking. These are SO good! I made them for supper tonight with a big pot of bean soup. They are very easy to make. Very quick--you can put these together and have them on the table in 25 minutes. They're light, flaky, buttery, delicious!!! Thank you for posting this recipe!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (or use salted and leave out the salt)
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder& salt.
- Cut the butter into the flour using 2 knives or a pastry blender, keep cutting until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- With a fork stir in the milk, very gently, until a soft dough forms.
- Don't over mix.
- Place the dough on a baking sheet (jelly roll pan) and with floured hands press it into a 9" x 9" square.
- Use a spatula or the dull side of a knife and cut the dough into 12 biscuits without actually cutting them apart.
- Bake in 400F oven for about 15-20 minutes or until they are golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack& cool for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with homemade fruit jam or anything else that takes your fancy.