Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The Zaar recipe sifter sure came in handy to see if there was another recipe like this. Cooking time is a guess.
- 1 lb butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (12 ounce) package mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup ground pecans
- In 4 quart saucepan, heat butter, sugar, water and vanilla to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until temperature reaches 260 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Add chopped nuts; continue cooking to 290 degrees, stirring constantly.
- Pour onto buttered 15 x 10 x 1 inch jelly roll pan.
- Cool 2 minutes; sprinkle with chocolate pieces.
- Cover pan with a cookie sheet to soften chocolate; spread over candy.
- Sprinkle with ground nuts.
- Cool completely; break into pieces with knife.