Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Light and buttery like shortbread or pecan sandies, if using pecans....but so much easier to make. Low in sugar, too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (save wrappers)
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 375.
- In medium bowl, mix first 4 ingredients.
- Stir in finely chopped pecans, if using.
- Break off walnut size pieces. Roll into balls.
- Place on greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Using the bottom of a glass moistened with softened butter from butter wrappers and dipped in sugar, SLIGHTLY flatten each ball.
- Bake in 375 oven for 13-15 minutes or until edges are lightly golden.
- Remove cookies to wire rack to cool.
- Variation: Christmas Cookies, Add a drop or two of red or green food coloring. Omit the pecans if desired.
- Variation: Roll balls in colored sugar crystals and then slightly flatten with glass. Omit pecans if desired.