Recipe by fressy
This is my husbands favorite cornbread recipe. The butter makes it really moist and it goes great with most any kinds of soup!
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- In one bowl combine the eggs and milk.
- In another bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients and the egg mixture to the creamed butter and sugar altenately.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 22-27 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.