Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is my husbands favorite cornbread recipe. The butter makes it really moist and it goes great with most any kinds of soup!
- Cream butter and sugar.
- In one bowl combine the eggs and milk.
- In another bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients and the egg mixture to the creamed butter and sugar altenately.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 22-27 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
The batter filled a 12 muffin pan almost to the brim. What was left I put in a round cake pan-but it didn't fill it. They were very good!
I like the buttery taste but found the muffins way too sweet. If I make it again, I will cut back on the sugar.
This came out of the oven so perfectly even and I agree, it's moist, buttery and delicious. We are relatively new to corn bread and found the sugar added sweetness that had us enjoy it after our soup instead of with it. And enjoy we did. Will be stocking up on cornmeal because your cornbread was a winner at our house. Thank you fressy.