Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Country Woman magazine -- yummy!
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned cream-style corn
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Place butter or margarine in a 13x9 baking pan; heat in a 425 degree oven until melted (but not browned). Remove pan from oven & tilt pan to coat bottom evenly; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk & corn.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Roll dough into a 10x8" rectangle, about 1/2" thick. Cut into 4x1" strips. Place strips in melted butter, turning them to coat on all sides. Bake 18-20 minutes or until crispy & golden brown. Makes about 20 cornsticks.