Recipe by LINDA BRAUN
Butter cookies that literally melt in your mouth I have reworked from my grandmother's recipe
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- cream soft butter in mixing bowl.
- add cornstarch and powdered sugar.
- blend well.
- add flour and salt.
- cream well.
- I chill the dough for about 1/2 hr to an hour.
- use a cookie scoop and space about 1 " apart.
- bake 15 approximately minutes -- until edges are golden.
- let cool well before removing from cookie sheet.
- Makes 20 cookies.