Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These cookies are buttery and chewy with extreme coconut flavor, they are a sweet cookie, for a less sweeter taste you may reduce the white sugar by 2 tablespoons if desired, for some reason these are not as good if you double the recipe into one bowl, to double I would suggest to make two separate recipes into two bowls ---if you are a coconut-lover you will love these, I have made these cookies many times, they are very good! --- serving is only estimated and recipe may be doubled successfully.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease a baking/cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl combine the flour with baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl cream butter with both sugars and coconut extract.
- Add in egg and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add in flour mixture; beat until combined (batter will be slightly thick).
- Mix in coconut until well combined.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet spacing about 3 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet then transfer to wire racks.