Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These cookies are buttery and chewy with extreme coconut flavor, they are a sweet cookie, for a less sweeter taste you may reduce the white sugar by 2 tablespoons if desired, for some reason these are not as good if you double the recipe into one bowl, to double I would suggest to make two separate recipes into two bowls ---if you are a coconut-lover you will love these, I have made these cookies many times, they are very good! --- serving is only estimated and recipe may be doubled successfully.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flaked coconut
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease a baking/cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl combine the flour with baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl cream butter with both sugars and coconut extract.
- Add in egg and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add in flour mixture; beat until combined (batter will be slightly thick).
- Mix in coconut until well combined.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet spacing about 3 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet then transfer to wire racks.
Very rich & full of flavor. Makes a small batch though but that's better for me so that I don't eat too many.
"Buttery" is an understatement with these wonderful cookies! They are just melt in your mouth delicious!!!! I made 2 batches -- for my Dad I used Splenda baking sugar and Splenda brown sugar. For my DH and I regular sugar and brown sugar. BOTH were great! Thank you for another fantastic recipe KITTEN!!!! Made for Potluck Tag
SOOOOOOOOO buttery with tons of coconut flavor, the texture is perfect not too firm and not too soft just right, I love these cookies Kitty, thank you for another winner