Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a simple delicious apple dessert that may easily be doubled if desired --- I like to also add in about 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg :)
Top Review by Scarlett516
We loved this! It was very simple to make. I didn't measure the cinnamon when I added it, but I'll add more next time. The sauce really is delicious and I was surprised to find it was almost the consistency of corn syrup!
- 4 medium cooking apples
- 1⁄3 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core and cut apples in half.
- In a skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon; mix well then add in water.
- Add in the apples to the sauce; cover and cook over medium heat, occasionally spooning the sauce over the apples as they cook.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes until the apples are fork-tender and the sauce is thick.
- To serve; place two apple halves in a dish, and ladle approximately 1/2 cup butter/cinnamon sauce over each serving.