Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is like a cinnamon bun only it's baked flat on a pan and not rolled up, which makes this the perfect recipe for a beginner! You can also make this using your favorite homemade bread dough or sweet roll dough instead of the store-bought, but you will need to let your homemade dough rise a second time before using for this recipe. The frozen store-bought bread dough must be completely thawed and at room temperature before using. See my recipe for Kittencal's Sweet Dough
Top Review by Jenn717
Will someone please tell my why I've been rolling dough for sooo long? Mom used to spread thawed dough and bake it all the time. No clue why it never occured to either of us to use it for breakfast rolls instead. Next time I'll try it on the pizza pan for a bit more crispiness. I bet fruits would work well here. Thanks Kit!!
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed (use a 1-pound)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup soft butter
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed, plus
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans (can use more or less) or 1 cup walnuts (can use more or less)
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -4 tablespoons whipping cream, unwhipped or 2 -4 tablespoons use 18% table cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Spread the room temperature thawed dough on the bottom of the greased jelly-roll pan (if the dough does not want to spread just cover and let rest for 5 minutes).
- Spread the softened butter over the dough, then prick holes in the dough with a fork.
- In a bowl stir together both sugars with cinnamon and nuts, then sprinkle all over the top of the buttered dough.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Whisk the powdered sugar with the whipping cream until desired consistancy, then drizzle over the WARM bread,.
- Cut into squares or triangles; serve warm.