Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Got these off of Food Lion web page. They look really yummy. Uploading for Make it lighter game, with hope that someone will work on it and make it lighter.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk, with add vit A and D
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 12 (3-inch) muffin pan cups; set aside.
- Cream together butter, shortening and 1 Cup sugar; beat in eggs, salt, nutmeg and baking powder.
- Stir in flour and milk alternately until mixture is just combined; evenly divide batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- While muffins are baking, combine 1 Cup sugar with cinnamon; set aside.
- When the muffins are done let cool for a minute, and then turn out onto cooling racks.
- Melt 1 cup butter; dip each muffin briefly in the melted butter and let the excess drip off.
- Roll each muffin in the cinnamon sugar.
I didn't like this recipe: too much nutmeg, brown sugar only on the top, and dipping your muffins in butter. But I will say they did look pretty.
Yummy yummy in our tummies! I lightened the recipe a bit by using applesauce in place of the shortening (I just don't use shortening) and I did not dip them in additional butter but instead sprinkled them with a Cinnamon Sugar spice blend before baking and they were perfect! Nice and moist and love the cinnamony flavor throughout the muffin! Thanks Ms. Sally for a great recipe to use over and over again! Made for the Holiday Tag Game Dec. 08
Oh my goodness, I was so surprised at these! Amazingly simple to make, and super tasty, almost like a little cinnamon doughnut. Our musical rehearsal loved them! The only important thing to note is that there is an additional cup of sugar, to mix with the cinnamon, which is not listed. I'll definitely be demanded to make these again!