1/3 Photos of Buttery Cinnamon Cake W/Apple Compote
This recipe is from LCBO's Food & Drink Fall 2010 magazine. I had the cake at a dinner party last night and it was just delectable! Perfect for Fall. Use tart apples like Northern Spy, Empire or Spartans. The cake is best when served while still warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain 1% yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease the sides of 9 inch springform pan and line bottom with parchment paper (you can also use bundt pan if preferred).
- 2Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl.
- 3In a separate bowl, using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 4Beat in egg and vanilla until blended. Stir in flour mixture alternatively with yoghurt.
- 5Spread into prepared ban, smooth top.
- 6Bake for about 45 minutes or until tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 7For the glaze combine sugar, cinnamon and water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove ring from cake and brush top and sides with glaze.
- 8While cake is baking prepare the apple compote. Combine apples, sugar, cinnamon, cardamom and lemon juice in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 9Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes or until apples are tender but still keep their shape.
- 10Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 11Serve warm with slices of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttery Cinnamon Cake W/Apple Compote
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.4
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 617.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 50.9 g
- Protein 5.3 g