This recipe is wonderful warm, but is also very good at room temperature. Perfect for company or Christmas morning!! Makes 1 - 10 inch fluted tube pan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and lightly flour one 10 inch fluted tube pan.
- 3Stir together the flour, baking powder, 1 tsp.
- 4ground cinnamon and salt.
- 5Beat shortening until light and fluffy.
- 6Add 1 1/3 cups white sugar, and 1 1/2 tsp.
- 8Continue beating until fluffy.
- 9Add eggs one at a time beating for at least 1 minute after each egg.
- 10Add flour mixture and milk alternately to egg mixture, beating after each addition.
- 11Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- 13Remove cake from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out.
- 14After removing cake from pan and while it is still warm poke holes around the top of the cake with a fork.
- 15Pour the warm cinnamon syrup into the holes and onto the top and sides of the cake.
- 16Sprinkle with confections sugar.
- 17To make cinnamon syrup: In a saucepan combine 1/2 cup white sugar, the butter, water, 1 tsp.
- 18vanilla and 3/4 tsp.
- 19ground cinnamon.
- 20Heat and stir until butter melts.
- 21Do not boil!
- 22Pour syrup over cake while it and the cake are still warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttery Cinnamon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.8
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 60.0 mg
- Sodium 258.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g